Thursday, February 7, 2013

G9

1. In my opinion, I would increase taxes as well as cut spending. In terms of the rate of taxes, I would only increase by a couple percentage points for people earning over a certain amount of money. This would be semiannual ordeal, meaning that every six months there would be a large lump sum of a tax, thus creating a reserve of money available for different organizations. In terms of cutting spending, I would only cut in certain departments, such as the military and allocate the money to departments such as education and health care. Since the US already spends more than the next four countries on its military, I don't think that the cuts would be such a big deal. If more money is allocated to education, the overall well-being of citizens will increase, thus creating more people available to work in the workforce, increasing our economies worth. If money money was put into the education system, the level of knowledge would increase ten fold of the majority of citizens. Since we already have intelligent citizens, this increase would not to that much, it would allow people who are potentially on the brink of poverty and middle class to jump the gap and increase their well-being. 



2. For my first choice, I decided to cut the spending for the military by 100B or whatever the number was. My idea was if I did this, then I would be able to allocate money to different areas where it was needed more. I also chose to increase spending for the medical field. M y idea behind this was to increase the well-being of America's citizens, thus making the workforce larger. This did not have a negative impact, however it also did not have a postitive outcome. Instead, this canceled out anything that could have potentially caused harm. My third decision was to increase spending for the school system. I chose to do this because as a song so famously says, the children are our future. With stronger educational values, the workforce will be strengthened and the quality of life for most people will eventually increase. I chose to protect the health care field as well as the education system because the two groups directly effect America's future. They're both things that are not only required by law, but they're necessary to maintain the level of authority we have. The strong school system will help in terms of increasing our competitive advantage, and in turn will help us grow stronger as a country.

No comments:

Post a Comment